Sunday, March 29, 2009

APRIL CELEBRATIONS!

For my family, the month of April is filled with celebration! Two very special birthdays occur this month as well as Easter, April Fool's day, and the promise of Spring! Starting with April Fool's Day, it seems as though playing tricks on people is the last thing on my mind. But I do have a favorite trick that was played about 9 years ago. I was pregnant at the time and in the very early morning hours I began to have an absolutely terrible back ache. I climbed out of bed and awoke my mother, who was visiting at the time. She was concerned for me and even more so when my water broke! Luckily, I had a packed overnight bag prepared for this very moment! We soon awoke my husband from a sound sleep and informed him that the baby was coming. In his sleepy state, he looked rather confused and wasn't sure if it was an April Fool's joke or not. By the time my next contraction came, he soon realized it was no joke! Not long after that, my son came into the world, born on the first day of April and blessing us with his wonderful sense of humor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words mean the world to me!