Saturday, April 11, 2009

DAYDREAM

Remember being a kid and daydreaming? As a little sprout from California I was raised up on sunshine, daydreams and ocean mist. I loved the ocean. Walking over craggily rocks just to feel the moist, soft sand beneath my toes. Looking at the water that stretched all the way to the horizon, I ran toward the waves- then away from the waves. Playing tag with the ocean, but always eventually going completely in. Salty cold water stinging and numbing as I tumbled about. I felt alive and invigorated, finding the perfect wave to carry me back to shore. Then began the hunt for beautiful ocean glass. Colors of green, pink, blue and brown. Smoothed and softened from the elements that they lay in. Collecting the glass and poking around at the crazy seaweed that lay strewn along the beach as I made my way back to the blanket. I would then lay on the soft blanket and stare at my pretty glass, daydreaming with seagulls flying overhead. In an old box, I still have a few pieces of the ocean glass that I pull out to look at from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words mean the world to me!