Wednesday, April 15, 2009

ROSE TIPS- "HOMEMADE COUGH SYRUP"

When I was a little girl and had a cough, my Grandmother would soon have me in the kitchen slurping up this homemade concoction. It really works and so well that my kids do not get very far with a cough without doing the same. The ingredients have been revised a bit, but here is the recipe:

1/2 onion sliced thin
1 large drizzle of honey
a sprinkle of ginger
a dash of cinnamon
a splash of lemon
and 1 cup of cold water

Put all of the ingredients into a Tupperware container with a lid. Let it rest at room temperature over night. Then refrigerate. Give the patient a large tablespoon of the liquid in the morning and at night. The smell is very strong, but the taste is sweet. This really works to break up a deep cough in the chest and the cough will be gone in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words mean the world to me!