Friday, September 4, 2009

"FOOD REVIEW" Comfort Food

Comfort food can mean many things to many people. For some, when the season begins to change and the mornings and evenings starts to cool, a bowl of chili is a comfort. When a child is close to starting their first day of school a Hot Fudge Sundae may seem like a comfort. I recently developed a strong need for comfort food as having visited my dentist three times in the last week. Not that my dentist isn’t a nice guy, on the contrary, he’s very considerate; although with some of the procedures I have had to endure lately, I only wish I’d listened to my mother more and not be so rough on my teeth. Nevertheless, after these appointments, I found myself extremely hungry -yet confused as to what to eat as my mouth was inflicted with a combination of being numb and tender. Stomach growling, something had to be done so I drove to a local restaurant and walked in with cheeks so puffy that I’m sure I resembled Marlon Brando in the God Father. That aside, I had a nice bowl of creamy Potato Soup with a sprinkling of Cheddar Cheese on top. The first spoonful of that soup was like receiving a warm hug on my insides. It was so good that, it almost made my dental appointment seem like an enjoyable experience and with a couple appointments still ahead of me, it seems like having that soup will become a tradition. Now that’s comfort food!

JB’s Family Restaurants
136 East 5th North Street
Burley, ID
Take Out: 678-0803
Website: http://www.jbsfamily.com/

Although JB’s Family Restarants is a chain that claims 50 restaraunts in six states, you would never know it from our local franchise’s warm customer service. It feels like a downhome place. If it’s the weekday and your in a rush for breakfast this is the place to go to enjoy a variety of dishes in record time as they have a good breakfast buffet that includes country style potatoes, bisquits, corned beef hash, eggs, pancakes, truly delicious bacon, fruit, muffins and more for $5.69, while the weekend breakfast brunch goes for $7.99. If your hankering for something healthy and fast, their Salad bar is the way to go. Fresh salad and many choices of crisp veggies, pasta salads, cottage cheese, fruit and your choice of two hearty soups goes for $6.49, while you can add the salad bar to any entrée for only $1.99. Speaking of entrée’s there is such a variety from a 16 oz. Porterhouse Steak served with your choice of fries, rice pilaf or baked potato along with tender vegetables as well as a garden salad or soup for $13.49, to the Parmesan Shrimp Penne which comes with your choice of soup or garden salad and a nice wedge of garlic Parmesan toast at $9.99. JB’s also offers many sandwiches and burgers as well as tasty appetizers like the Spinach Artichoke Dip for $5.49 and desserts like their Banana Split for $2.99. Everyone in your family can find something they like and if you look up their to go menu within the most recent Project Mutual Mini-Cassia Phone Directory, you can get 10% off your next takeout order.

Club Sandwich from JB'S

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words mean the world to me!