Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Goodwill Hunting "Interlude"

I have long enjoyed thrift store shopping. It is something that has been passed down from my mother. Sometimes it has been out of necessity, sometimes as a pastime. When visiting towns and places, going to local antique and thrift shops is a good way to get a feel for the lifestyle of those who live in the town, and possibly learn a bit of history. Who knows what treasures are to be found?


Yesterday, while walking through the aisle of our local thrift store a glimmer caught the corner of my eye. It came from the silverware bin. I usually never rummage through the silverware, but I was drawn to the glimmer of these spoons that seemed to shine differently than the rest.

They had a pretty rose design at the tips and for 50 cents a piece, I took them home. If I squinted and looked very closely at the back, I could see that the manufacturer was International Silverplate. I am clueless when it comes to Silver or collectors items; so, I looked it up on the computer and found a wonderful website, Silver Table Ware, which has nearly every vintage silverware pattern imaginable. I discovered that the spoon's pattern is called "Interlude" by International Silver, 1971. Maybe I'll learn more on what to keep my eyes open for!

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic find! Your are going to love them....such a great feeling when you see something that just makes you smile. I consider that a 'must have' also!
    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS...did I mention that I included you in my list of INSPIRING FRIENDS...click on the pink flower at the top of my page...your blog inspires me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jeanne,

    Yes! You have no idea the wonderful feeling it was to see it there. Speaking of inspiration, I really love the style of your blog and read it every time there is a new post and your uplifting words are greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Your words mean the world to me!