Saturday, April 17, 2010

Got Milk?

There's nothing like milk!
Whether enjoying an ice-cold glass or using it in a favorite recipe, there are just so many different uses for the creamy white stuff!
*
My 10 year old son has been reading a book that mentions a character drinking a cup of warm milk and asked me to make him some before bedtime.
I poured about a cup and stuck it in the microwave to heat it. It only took about a minute and a half and I kept close watch on it so that it didn't get too hot and overflow. Once it was heated, I stirred in a teaspoon of sugar and sprinkled a dash of Cinnamon over the top.
My son, who was already tucked into bed, tried it. He took one, tiny, little sip and closed his eyes.
I asked him if something was wrong and he said, "It's good, but the book was right, it just made me really sleepy".
*
If you are in the area, check out the Got Milk? event coming up in Boise:
*
From May 7-8, Milk Mustache Mobile ”Milk the Moment” Tour will be cruising through Boise hosting free events to encourage residents to “Milk the Moment” with their families, serve milk at dinnertime, and educate Americans on the array of benefits and nutrients milk has to offer. The tour also offers moms a chance to share how they “milk the moment” at dinnertime for a chance to win an unforgettable family dinner with Milk Mustache celebrity and Chef Tyler Florence.
*
BOISE EVENT SCHEDULE & DETAILS:

Friday, May 7
Location: Zoo-Boise
Time: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.

Saturday, May 8
Location: Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure
Time: 7-11:30 a.m.

whymilk.com

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet story...I do not think I have ever had warm milk all by itself.
    What a great idea to add sugar and cinnamon. What book is he reading?
    My son (10) is always on the lookout for good books. He is reading The Silver Sword at the moment...

    Best wishes for a wonderful week Christina!
    Jeanne:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jeanne,
    The book was a subject book in school which features many stories. The Silver Sword sounds very interesting. I used to make warm milk for myself and it is quite soothing as well as yummy! PS- Hope the volcanic ash is clearing up!

    ReplyDelete

Your words mean the world to me!