Sunday, May 30, 2010

How far is Heaven?

As I have written in a prior post, my best friend, Jade, is now 13 years old and not in the best condition. Having lost her sight and being of an elderly age, she is only what I would describe as "tired". Next week, we have an appointment for her spirit to depart from her body and soar straight to Heaven. In other words, she is going to be laid down. There has not been an area I that can point to that brought me to this difficult decision, accept, as her best friend, something just tells me it's time. I realize that for her age and health problems, things aren't going to get much better and believe that, for her, it would be best that she leaves this world before she is in serious pain. As I have been preparing her with what is going to come, I realize that I am probably the least prepared between the two of us. It would be good for me to express some of the wonderful qualities I have experienced through knowing Jade...
*
Devotion, Laughter, Patience, Security, Sweetness, Strength, Understanding, Adventure, Wisdom, Blessing, Helpful, Protection, Comfort, Compassion, Maternal, Bravery, Determination, Destiny, Loyal, Happiness, Partnership, Dependability, Contentment, Humble, Warmth, Nurturing, and most of all, Love.
*
This yard, home, family, and heart will never be the same without her, yet, as I told her last night, there are so many ways she will be with me. With every breeze that blows through a field of wheat grass, a glassy lake tucked in the pines, a short stroll to the garden, a fishing pole on the dock, when the sun rises and sets--- she will be with me and always living within my thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. Christina, my heart goes out to you. This has to be so so difficult for you. Our dog is 7 years old and I can not imagine a day without her.
    I think what you wrote is poetic and heartfelt and wonderful. Keep writing...I hope it helps you. If I could hold your hand right now I would...stay well my friend.

    Jeanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is so sad...i can imagine how hard this decision must have been for you and your family. It's not easy to loose anyone in death...but you'll remember her and all the good times you've shared! and she'll not have to endure the pain of suffering...

    take care...


    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete

Your words mean the world to me!