Thursday, June 3, 2010

Jadie Has Left The Building 6/3/2010 2:10 PM


When I first met Jade I was dreaming. I had recently discovered fly-fishing, up in the Wasatch Mountains. I developed such a passion for it that I spent much of my time up in the mountains. Me, myself, and an old Ford F150. There, I discovered that I was capable. But, I found myself imagining, what would it be like to have a companion up here in the hills? That is where I found myself answering an ad in the paper about black lab mixed pups. Suddenly I found myself sitting on the floor with 6 or 7 puppies. Chewing on my tennis shoe laces, progressing puppy escapades unfolded right before me as I observed them all and wondered which one would end up being by my side. Towards the end, when it came time to choose one, I realized that the one that had been sleeping in my lap the whole time had already chosen me. From that day on, she has left an imprint on my heart.


Now that I look back, I realize, I was just a spring chicken myself. Lot's of life still to be lived and a some mistakes to be made here and there. Along the way, mistakes do not matter much when there is a great companion sharing in the journey. She not only stood beside me through pregnancy, moves, and divorce, but actually took an active roll to improve my quality of life in the process. Her great attitude rubbed off on me.
Some people say, "Oh, don't call my dog a dog, they are more like a human!"
Through knowing Jade, I have to say perhaps calling a dog a human, might actually be an insult to the dog. Animals have such wonderful qualities that we can learn from. In my life, I could only hope to develop into such a wonderful being as she.

Thank You, Jade! I'm so proud you chose me and that I was able to experience caring for you from the beginning of your life to the end. If we ever meet again, I'll know I'm in the right place...

2 comments:

  1. Christina...my heart goes out to you and sweet Jade. What a beautiful tribute to a very special friend. Thinking of you...

    Jeanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jeanne for being such a dear friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your words mean the world to me!