Saturday, July 10, 2010

Author of China: Portrait of a People writes River-Rose!

Recently I reviewed an awesome book called China: Portrait of a People and the author, Tom Carter, has graciously left a message on River-Rose!

Tom said...
Dear River-Rose,
I have just stumbled upon your flattering review of my photobook CHINA: Portrait of a People and wanted to leave a note of appreciation. I am writing from China, and in fact, blogspot is banned here (because of Communist restrictions) so it was not with a little trouble that I had to sign in with a proxy server to leave this comment. My photobook was actually published in 2008 in Hong Kong, but has taken over 2 years for it to reach the bookstores of America as well as Amazon.com. I often joke that I am not sure which has been more challenging: traveling across China, or publishing a book about it. Anyhow, I am just grateful that it is finally being seen by a western audience, and I hope you all will enjoy the photographs therein. Many thanks for taking the time to write this review!

Wow- I had no idea how difficult it is to access blogger from that region. So happy you made it through and appreciate the wonderful book you have written! **River-Rose**

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! First that you found the book and featured it and secondly that the author found you and wrote such a lovely letter.
    I can feel that smile that must have lighted up your face when you received the letter. Now I am off to read more....

    Have a wonderful day RR (CH)

    Jeanne:)

    PS..I never know which to call you..which would you prefer??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanne,

    For you, Christina, will work:)
    Hope you have a nice day, too!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your words mean the world to me!