Friday, July 30, 2010

Turned to the Right

How can one resist writing a story or poem based on the picture that Magpie Tales provides? Here is my Magpie 25...
*
Turned to the Right
*
It's been a long time that anyone has turned me to the right.
I have let the key turn to any soul who was a friend of this house.
Your Grandfather turned me every night after a long days work.
*
On the other side were smells of delicious stews, simmering over the fire as your Grandmother hummed a melancholy song while sitting her chair knitting. Your Mother, as a child; played, laughed, read, and grew.
*
For a while, I was turned to the left and left I was- to be still. All around the grass grew, taller even than the front steps. The oak grew grandly and towers over this small abode. But, I am glad you are here and even though I am slightly resisting your key, it is just to hold onto the moment a little longer.
****

13 comments:

  1. Glad that you have yourself shifted from left to right...

    refreshing magpie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The life of a house and family simply told-lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, this is different! I like it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. smiles. that last line is brilliant...the feel runs all through but you brought it home nicely. great magpie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet comments from awesome writers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have ~ quite beautifully ~ resurrected sweet old memories in me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A key to memories! Nice Magpie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so lovely - a family place full of memories being re-visited after time. I realy like this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweetness and beauty. A great write. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess everything has a purpose..well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm afraid I will never be turned to the right - but I definitely enjoyed your magpie just the same. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delicious - to hold on to the moment a little longer - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This played out in my imagination like a little vignette. Good one!

    ReplyDelete

Your words mean the world to me!