Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Facinating!

Some of my favorite childhood memories were spent at my Grandmother's house.  Where, up the stairs was my Uncle's room, quietly preserved, as he traveled the world.  At times, my Sister and I would sneak into his room and- Behold! 
A photographic-montage covered every corner of the walls within his room.  Beautiful and dreamy pictures of female icons. 

 Not to mention, books!  Lot's of books, about every juicy, documented detail of their lives!
It was fabulous to be a young lady and literally be transported into another world, a place that both strong and fragile women ruled and their beauty, even within the flaws of their lives -were undeniable. 

I am glad that I secretly entered his room...-many times.  The things I thought about as I looked at the pictures and read their stories have stayed with me to this day, and, as a side note, helped to create the passionate spirit within me. 

Elizabeth R. Taylor
   February 27, 1932 - March 23, 2011

photos via: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5

4 comments:

  1. Elizabeth was certainly a fascinating woman....and a charming actress!! My mother talked about her a lot, as I remember growing up. I think it had a lot to do with 7 husbands! The world will miss her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Christina and your Uncle no less...I want to know more about him! Travelled? All these books and photos, was he a romantic? He obviously had very good taste...I think you must have got that from him too :)

    Jeanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jeanne,
    Uncle was and is still very much travelled. He was an expat for quite a bit of time in Paris. Yes, a very creative and romatic soul. So lucky that I had his room to play in! Good taste, ummm, not sure if I received that gene, though! A girl can only hope! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good taste...you most certainly did get that gene!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your words mean the world to me!