ROSE TIPS- GARDEN

Last week I've had the pleasure of checking out a gardening blog of note called Mr. Brown Thumb located at http://mrbrownthumb.blogspot.com Within the blog is a wonderful idea of using toilet paper tubes for starting seeds. The bottom of the tube is folded, soil is added along with seeds, and they are then placed in a waterproof tray to prevent leakage. After the seeds sprout and the plants are to be placed in the ground, the whole thing including the tubing can be planted. I have quite a few wrapping paper tubes that I have saved for this purpose. This week, I intend to try this idea and create as many seed starter containers as possible. I will also experiment by trying to start seeds that were harvested and stored from winter squash that I enjoyed last year.

Comments

Popular Posts