"RECIPE" Brats and Creamy Scalloped Potatoes
8 Idaho Russet Potatoes
1 Red Onion
1 1/2 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 Brick Cream Cheese
1 Can Mushroom Soup
1 1/2 cup Milk
A dash of Salt and Pepper
A pinch of Nutmeg
1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
6 Bratwurst Sausage
- To quicken cooking time, wash and poke holes around your potatoes and place on a microwave safe plate in the microwave. Microwave on high for 8 minutes. Turn potatoes over and continue to cook for an additional 4 minutes. Let them rest.
- Dice your Onion. Add to a mixing bowl with the Cheddar Cheese, Cream Cheese, Mushroom Soup, Milk, Salt and Pepper and Nutmeg. Mix the ingredients together until creamy.
- Start your grill to medium heat or oven to 415 degrees
- Slice your potatoes. In a baking dish, layer the bottom with half of your creamy mixture and place all of your potato slices within the dish. Pour the remaining mixture over the top and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs.
- Place your Brats on top of the casserole and cover. Bake for 35 minutes. Remove cover and continue cooking for 15 additional minutes. Serve!