"Just Ducky!" Tasty Musings by TEX MEX

Things are quiet as we all prepare our recipes for next March. Our recipes for the World comp are due the end of December. I am working on a 3 layer triple chocolate cake with bananas foster as the filling, and for my Main I am working on a duck breast with a red grape sauce, with Saba , and white wine. I will attach my duck pictures as I did a trial run yesterday. I do not have a name for it yet but, it is duck breast with grapes and Saba. I will be serving it over rice (Dirty Rice ) possibly with duck liver in the rice.............. The world competition will be held in Sandy,Utah on March 18-20,with the semi-finals on Thursday -Friday and the finals on Saturday the 20th. I believe we have 26 teams qualified to compete, only 10 will move on to Saturday to compete against last year's champion. The International Dutch Oven Society's World Championship Cook-Off ,is held at the Sandy Convention Center in conjunction with the International Sportsman Expo. As of today there will be five teams from the Burley area competing................



Submitted By: Tex Mex

****

Dear Master of Dutch Oven-Tex Mex,

The dishes are already making my mouth water and I know you will do great. By the way if you ever need anyone to help in sampling your creations....

River-Rose

Comments

Popular Posts