Breaking Bread

Today, I made my first "No Knead" bread. It was definitely an experience that involved all of my senses. Smelling it while it was in the oven. Hearing, my tummy grumble in anticipation. Seeing the beautiful loaf for the first time. Touching a warm piece in my hands and finally tasting it. I loved the experience and hope you will, too!


The day before you plan on making the bread, stir together the ingredients:
3 Cups of Flour
1 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
1/4 Teaspoon of Fast Activating Yeast
1 1/2 Cups of Water
*
Mix all ingredients well and allow to sit overnight or for approximately 18 hours. After the time is up, tear off a sheet of parchment paper and lightly dust it with flour. Remove the dough from the bowl and place onto the paper. Gently mold into a desired shape and dust with flour. Allow to sit on the counter for an additional hour.
*
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Also, preheat an empty baking dish that has a lid (I used a small Dutch Oven). Once it is preheated, transport the dough by using the parchment sheet and fold over the dough into your hot baking dish. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the lid and allow the bread to brown for an additional 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow the bread to cool for one hour (if you can wait that long).

Comments

  1. Beautiful bread...nothing better than the smell of fresh bread cooking. Great photo too! My attempts to make bread never look like that :)
    Hope you have a wonderful Easter with your family Christina...best wishes for a great week.

    Jeanne:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeanne! I was chastised by the person who gave me the recipe because I did not wait an hour for it to cool! Hope your Easter has gone well and you enjoy your trip:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yours looks fantastic. I do the same in terms of no kneading, even with my sourdough starter. And I like cooking in a covered baking dish--it definitely helps. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Simple in France! I really want to play around with it, maybe use a wheat flour or throw in some nuts? PS- really love your blog- how's the cutting back on coffee going :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your words mean the world to me!

Popular Posts