The Diamond


Every time I am on my way to go fishing alone, there are many insecurities that run through my mind.  It does not matter if it is a city pond, or a high-mountain stream.  I wonder, will someone be in my fishing spot?  Will I step on a snake or see a bear? Do I have the right lure or equiptment on me? But, I force myself to go, despite these thoughts.  Standing in the water, with my soaked hiking boots, I let my surroundings calm my mind.  Soon, I feel a beauty and serenity soak into my heart and it feels like a blessing that I am here, in this moment.  A true gift for my eyes and senses that, for some,  is like a sparkling diamond in a jewelry box. Pushing through the things that scare me helps me add another treasure to my chest.  Then, after the experience, I head home, without any insecurity.  Only peace and a sense of empowerment, that I faced my fears and did the best I could.

Comments

Popular Posts